Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We are "normal"!

Our very first playdate OUTSIDE the house! I feel like we are "normal" in the sense that it isn't a huge production to get out of the house. It was so much fun to actually have a real playdate w/ another mom & her trio. Thank you, Susan, for letting us come over!

I was a bit scared that since our trio is 14 mths old & hers are almost 7 mths old that there would be some issues. Yep, I had the normal mommy worries. I thought about what would happen if Sofi bit one of her kids. What if Gabi took the toys away? Ian is infamous for stealing pacis. Would he go snatch their paci out of their mouths? ACK!

I wanted it to go perfectly & I was a bit scared that maybe the kids would have a meltdown when we got there. I'm not sure if Susan was feeling the same way but you could tell we were both like fish out of water. This was a new experience for the both of us. We even said at the end of the time that it was nice to feel like every other family out there. It went so well that we are going to have a playdate every other week!

I'm so excited! The kids are getting out more & they are tolerating it well. They even napped well today for the 1st time in 3-4 days. I have to say that summertime is definitely much better than icky RSV season.

Now for some playdate pics!

I had to share this one b/c this happened to me w/ a friend's twins. I had no idea just how NOT child proof my home was until they came over. Susan got a taste of mobile babies & what they can get in to. She had to sit in front of the tv to keep the babies out of the goodies. Gabi was trying to get to the DVD cases, no matter the cost!


Ava is in the green (she is already crawling, :o ) & Mia is in the pink. They are just TOO PRECIOUS!



I tried to get a better picture of our 2 biggest babies, Gabi & Andrew, but this is as good as it got. 6 kids is a lot to keep up with!


Ian & Ava were playing togeter, so sweet <3!

4 comments:

Mrs. McKinsey said...

Ok now, that is just too damn cute!!

Susan said...

We had fun too and yes, thanks for giving me a glimpse of how active 3 1yr olds are. I'm getting a jump start on my baby proofing now!

Miranda said...

What a great day! And how fitting that Ian was playing with Ava seeing as Ava is his babyloveo on JM! :)

Glad you're getting out of the house a little, and the trips are enjoying it. It will be so good for all of you!

Leslie said...

That pic of Ian and Ava is way too precious!!! Gabi's hair looks so cute in pigtails. :)