Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tired Babies, Tired Mommy

Juggling everything this past week has made us all tired. Waking up every 3-4 hrs to give Tylenol/Motrin has finally caught up to Mommy. It started w/ Ian but he has now been fever free for 24 hrs so hopefully we won't have to give him anything tonight. Gabi, on the other hand, seems to be either battling a little virus or teething, either of which are causing her discomfort & a low grade fever (99-100). Seems to be most prominent at night which leads me to believe virus BUT she won't keep her hands out of her mouth which makes me think that it is teething. What ever the reason, we have also been giving her Tylenol at night. So far, no fever for her today.

Then there is the Mama Drama stuff. I went yesterday for my wonderful boob smooshing appointment. Thankfully, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had remembered. I only looked down once & that was enough for me. Poor boobs. They have been through hell & back. The good news, there is nothing there. The "lump" is gone. Don't know that it was ever there. Seems that the ultrasound showed a group of ducts close together that may have been what the dr felt. Better safe than sorry.

I also had quite a bit of blood taken yesterday so by the time I put the kids down for their nap, I was exhausted. I tried to sleep to no avail. I've got to learn how to turn the ringer off of the phone. I did manage to get some decent sleep last night though. Yes, I had to wake up to give medicine but the 2nd half of the night was solid.

I hope tonight brings a solid night of sleep for us all. My poor babies are exhausted. Ian almost fell asleep eating lunch today & that has NEVER happened. Gabi almost fell asleep sitting in my lap about 15 minutes before lunch. That NEVER happens either! You can tell waking at night to keep the fever at bay has caught up w/ us all.


Mommy & Sofi cuddling.


Gabi all snuggled in to the toy box.


Sofi & Gabi sharing a sisterly moment, in the toy box.


Mommy & Gabi cuddling downstairs on the couch.



I also want to give Todd a big THANK YOU for cooking some great steaks last night! I needed it!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Hope all of you feel better soon.

Mama Burd said...

HI Astrid, I just stumbled across your blog. I am desperate to know someone else who's had triplets, because I know no one and am 13 weeks pregnant with triplets! I'm so excited but very scared too. I know you're super busy, but if you get the chance, I would love to correspond with you. Here's my email: sarahburd1@yahoo.com

Thanks! And, thanks for your encouraging blog!

Sarah

Tonya said...

Aww such sweet pictures :) Hope everyone can get some good sleep this weekend.

Jessica said...

Love the pictures! I hope all of you get some rest and the kids feel better. So glad to here there isn't anything serious wrong with you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, hope all your kiddos are feeling better.

I wanted to ask you, did you ever sell or are you interested in selling outgrown toys? Exersaucer? Jumparoo? I know you had mentioned awhile back you were going to sell them, don't know if you ever did.

Shannon

Annie said...

I give you an award, please check my blog.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Lani said...

Hope you get a good nights sleep soon!