Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

An inspirational story...I must share.

I suppose when you see a friend go through a tragedy, one that you cannot prevent nor help in any way to ease the pain, you reach out. Most people renew their faith in God or another higher power. Some reach out to family & friends. Others just shut down completely & question everything & every belief they have ever been surrounded by.

When we lost our 1st baby, a miscarriage at 8 weeks, I was so angry. In particular, at God. I just didn't understand why we would get pregnant the very first time we ever tried, only to lose the baby. THEN, to have to fight infertility after that. It just wasn't fair. But, I didn't turn my back on Him. I believed we were walking our path for a purpose.

To our surprise, it was to be blessed w/ triplets. The 3 most amazing people in my life, ok...3 of 4, can't forget Todd. We needed to go through everything to be able to have them. Not that the pregnancy or how we got them was easy but that is a whole different story.

Along the way, I met some amazing people, many whom were walking in our same shoes. Norina was one of them. She & I went through our losses together. We were there to support one another. So, it doesn't surprise me that she came out of the woodwork when I started writing & collecting donations for Brandi. Norina is amazing. Beautiful. A wonderful & deserving mother.

She passed along a beautiful story. A sad story. One that will make you cry. The family, the Smith's, lost a beautiful baby girl. Now expecting another baby girl, this is their story through their time of pain.







And the song they wrote about beautiful Audrey Caroline.



I'm not one to go to church every Sunday, although I probably should, & I don't like to preach the word of God to anyone that will listen. I do believe & what this family decided, that there was no Plan B, I totally agree with. We endure pain for many reasons. Many times we don't understand til much later why, if we ever do understand.

I know I have a personal relationship w/ God. He sent me to Brandi & vice versa. I only hope I have made a little difference & am able to repay in kind what so many others have done for us during many dark moments in our lives.

Thank you to all!

PS ~ Brandi is now at home. Evan's funeral will be on Sunday, May 23rd. I am still accepting donations. My goal is $4000 & am currently $480 away from reaching that goal. Please consider donating!

Paypal ~ divinedcakes@hotmail.com

5 comments:

Rina said...

Oh Astrid...I have never had anyone put such a compliment like that in print. You are too kind. Thank you sweet friend. I was blessed learning of this story from 2 friends Carly and Cher. I am so glad we met once upon those dark days...to see where we are now, it's beyond a blessing. Your love and friendship to Brandi does not surprise me. You have such a immense spirit. Thank you for sharing this on your blog, this story really is amazing and everyone needs to hear it to fully grasp what God can do in your life...if you let Him in. Continuing to pray for Brandi always.

analiese said...

Angie Smith also has written a book about her journey. She is an inspiration to all mothers, especially those of us who have lost a child.

*Melissa* said...

Norina! I remember you!

Astrid, it's interesting you bring up the story of Audrey Caroline... One of my closest friends had this exact situation happen to her... She found out at her 20 week u/s that her baby had the same kidney problem, along with other things that were not "compatible with life", She knew it would be hard, but she knew God brought her for a reason, so she carried her the rest of the 20 weeks knowing she would have to say goodbye as soon as they met. She delivered her little girl a couple weeks ago and was able to spend 2 1/2 hours with her before she passed, it was heart breaking. But it truly is a story to bring you to your knees.

Brittanie said...

Hello Norina! I've missed seeing you around JM.

Astrid, Angie actually had her baby girl, Charlotte, last night. She as experiencing some complications that could affect little Charlotte so they did a csection at nearly 36 weeks. http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

Angie is one of my favorite people EVER.

Astrid said...

Brittanie, I immediately thought of what you went through when I saw these videos. You are such a strong woman. God Bless you!