Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The fruits of our labor

Boy are they yummy! That whole afternoon we spent planting the garden, well...we are fruitful or vegitable-ful. Yeah, I made up a word. Not sure how else to say it. What I can say, the lettuce & tomatoes are D.E.L.I.S.H.

I'm pretty proud at how well our little garden is growing. Todd & I were able to eat a really good salad for dinner last night, with the lettuce I picked from the garden as well as 2 tomatoes. I can't wait to see what our salads will look like when the rest of our yummy veggies grow!

This is the 2nd part of our garden. I planted some carrots, from scratch! They are much bigger now.



Here is some of the lettuce I picked to eat last night. YUM! And, oh so fresh. Seriously, can't get fresher than this.


Our 1st ripe tomatoes. They are the cherry tomatoes but still good.


Here are comparison pics. The 1st is from the day we planted.


And now look how big the plants are!


I've got to say this is much more fulfilling than I ever expected. I love seeing our garden grow! And to think I was intimidated.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was just wondering the other day how your garden was doing. Is it hard to keep the kids out of it?

Astrid said...

Nope, the kids learned the same day we planted it that it was a no-no. Haven't had any issues since!

Nichole said...

That's great Astrid! We should be eating lettuce from ours here soon! :) We're having tomato issues because of the cold, very rainy weather we had for a couple of weeks but I am hoping they'll pull through. We'll see.