Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

New Morning Routine

For the longest time, I dressed them 1st thing in the morning.
That's just how I did things.

Then they grew an opinion.
A strong one.
The opinion very clearly stated,
"Jammas Momma, jammas."

And so the change happened.
Now, they stay in their jammas until after breakfast & quiet time.
Yes, quiet time.
Not that they stay quiet but at least they are in their cribs for that time.

It gives me a chance to clean up breakfast.
And check emails.
Sometimes to pack the car if we leave for the morning.

So, along w/ the new jammas thing,
the kids have started lounging in the morning.
Serious lounging.

The kind where a palate is made on the floor.
Where they sit & watch Mickey Mouse.
Not moving until it is time for breakfast.
(Little white lie there...they move.)

It is the cutest ever!



Now, if only I could get them to do this in our bed.
That way I don't have to get up so early.
That bed is so high though,
if they fall off,
we'll have issues.

I'll pass on the issues.
thankyaverymuch

2 comments:

Tonya said...

What a great way to spend each morning! They look so comfy and cozy.

Astrid said...

Tonya, I can't wait for the cooler weather either. Really big blankies will come out!