Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

My very FIRST girls' night out!

April 2007. It's been that long. No, I'm not joking. I was I was. The truth of the matter is that since April 2007, things have been hectic. A little recap for those of you just picking up on the blog...

April 25, 2007 ~ Todd gets struck by lightning.
May 2007 ~ Trip to St. Augustine, FL to visit Todd's best friend.
Early June 2007 ~ Decision to do IVF.
Late June 2007 ~ Start IVF cycle.
August 22, 2007 ~ Egg retrieval & hospital stay for overstimulated ovaries
August 25, 2007 ~ Embryo transfer
September 3, 2007 ~ I'm pregnant!
September 25, 2007 ~ The BIG ultrasound. We are having triplets!

The whole time, I was working. That is until December 17, 2007 when I was put on strict bed rest. That was the end of any future nights out for a very long time. So, you see, I really deserved it. I've missed having girl time w/ my BFF, Stacey.

I met at her apartment, had a cocktail. Let me tell you that my cocktail was very weak b/c I am no longer the drinker I use to be. Ok, I'll admit it, I can't have more than 2 w/o feeling it the next day. That was my limit for the night & I'm proud to say, I stuck by that limit. Not only b/c of the next day but also b/c I have 3 kids that depend on me to make it home.

In other words, no risky behavior. I think I am a certified adult now. My, how priorities change. The thing is that I'm ok w/ that change. After a snack of appetizers at a really GOOD Mexican/Spanish restaurant & my 2nd drink, a frozen margarita, it was off to see a fabulous 80's cover band called The Spazmatics that Stacey has been trying to get me to go see for 2 years. They were all the hype! Besides, if you haven't figured it out, I'm a bit of an 80's fan.

I had a curfew. Yes, a 35 year old woman w/ a curfew. Originally it was 11 but b/c of the late start since Todd had to work late, I pushed that curfew back to midnight. I made it home at 12:02.

It was a fantastic evening & I'm glad I got to spend some quality time w/ Stacey. BUT, I gotta tell you, that is going to be a once in a blue moon activity. Let's face it, I'm getting older. I'm not old but my body can't handle the abuse. Totally worth seeing my babies' smiling faces the next morning.

I do think dinner once a month is in order. Curfew a bit earlier but still some good girl time w/ my BFF. We need that time together, for our friendship, for our souls. I may be a full time mommy but even mommy needs some girl time.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, mommies have to have their time too. Glad you got out for some girl time!

We need to reschedule our playdate. I can do any day this week so let me know what works for you!

Fulton Quads said...

I love MNO's! We definitely need them! [= Hey I just wanted to share that I have nominated your blog for the most Versatile Blogger Award! You can read all about it on my blog. I did a post ALL about it! Good Luck!
Love, Cathy & her quads

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

yes! when momma is happy, everyone is happy.

thanks for joining in the giveaway fun over at my blog. hope your day is a happy one!