Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Hot Date ~ Cirque de Soleil

Todd's b-day is tomorrow & to celebrate, we went to see Cirque de Soleil on Saturday, as a surprise. Unfortunately, the surprise was taken out of the equation. See, Todd NEVER reads my Facebook & I happened to post about the events that evening. AND? He read them. Dumb-dumb.

Either way, he was totally stoked. We went to a new restaurant called Merche. It was excellent! We really enjoyed ourselves. The food was so good. Like really, really good. After dinner, we went to the show.

I'm going to be honest, I was a bit disappointed when we drove up & didn't see the big tents. That is the ONLY way to see a Cirque show. Not to mention, the venue was on school district grounds so pooh, no more cocktails for the evening.

BUT, as much as that was a disappointment, the show was excellent! We saw Alegria, for the second time. Todd took me as a surprise in 2003. The show was very different. Good but different. The music, the same but the acts were not what we saw before. That is the amazing thing about Cirque shows. Everything is different.

Along the way, I took pics w/ our camera as well as my new phone. Much better quality than the last phone I had.

Me all dressed up & feelin' good! It isn't every day that I get to put makeup & a pretty dress on. I wanted to look hot for my man!


Todd & I leaving for the evening. Thankfully Tio Ian & Tia Jessy were babysitting so we could enjoy the night.


The view from our seats :)


A standing sign you could take pics of or in front of. I love this show!

No comments: