Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today is my birthday!


I can't believe that I am 33 yrs old today! WOW! 3 babies for my 33rd b-day. How ironic is that? Seriously, I'm having 3 babies when I am 33 in the 3rd month of the year on the 31st of the month. Hmmmmm...not only that, Todd was born at 3:33am in the morning. Can you say...PREMONITION????

So, what does a gal on bed rest do for her b-day. It all starts w/ a not so great night of sleep but then that is normal now days. Then my wonderful hubby went to buy me Chick-fil-A for breakfast...YUMMY! Now, he is taking a little nap, he needs it. I am going to have a few people stopping by throughout the day. No big party, no going out on the town this year...just a semi-quiet day at home. I told everyone we could celebrate AFTER the babies are born. I want a margarita!!!!

So far, this week has been very uneventful. The terbutaline pump that goes in to my leg provides a continuous dose of the med rather than me having to take it orally. It is also more effective & I actually end up w/ much less of a dose than before. The med is to keep the uterus from contracting or rather, it keeps it relaxed. It is working great! I have yet to report a contraction through my home monitoring which I do twice a day for an hour each time. I think we aren't going to have any issues w/ reaching our birth date of the 31st. My body just freaked out last week when it got sick otherwise I don't think I would have had to deal w/ the preterm labor which ended up being very mild anyway.

So, there are 15 days left until we get to see these beautiful babies that are growing inside me. I can't wait. The days go by slowly but at the same time, I can't believe that I have already been home a week since the hospital incident. Time is a funny creature. You want to think it is going slowly but then it is gone before you know it.

Hey...someone sent us 2 cases of Pampers Swaddlers...don't know who so if it was you...please let me know! We really appreciate it. Any diapers are welcomed. I am hesitant to buy a whole lot of preemie diapers until we see the weight of the babies when they are born but we can always use newborn & size 1 Swaddlers if you want to send some our way.

Thank you again for all your love, prayers, & support! We can't believe the generosity we have received which reminds me...I need to thank Waltrip High School where my father works for throwing a "Grandfather Shower". We are astonished at how much we received. THANK YOU WALTRIP!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess 3 is your lucky number. Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I stop by every now and then to see how you and the babies are doing and I am so glad you're still baking and all is well.

By the way......33 is a great age! 3 is my lucky number. My son was born on March 3, 2006 at 3 a.m. weighing in at 9 pounds and he was 21 1/3 inches long. :D 3 is a wonderful number!!

Nina (JM)

Jinx said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

mrstank said...

So I am reading through your post about "3"s and I notice you have 3 comments... LOL, how funny. I almost didn't post.

Anyway, Happy Birthday and Happy "almost" birthday to the trips... Congrats!

My name is Tammie said...

Oh my gosh, I just had to comment again! The 15th is my birthday too!! Happy belated birthday to you. Next year you will have three little stinkers to wish you the happiest of birthdays.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you lots today Astrid!!!

Good Luck and can't wait for pics!

Lots of Hugs!!
Addie