Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Outside Fun

Ok, seems like we always have intentions of going outside (besides on our daily walks) & we end up wondering why we didn't at the end of the day. Truth be told, I'm intimidated at the idea of taking them outside by myself. We have a BIG backyard & there are too many places for a kid to get in trouble. It scares me b/c every time we DO go out, they go crazy!

With that said, I think they go crazy b/c they don't go out so this weekend, we tackled the backyard. Todd & I took the kids out for about 30-45 minutes both yesterday & today. For part of the time today, I was out there by myself, the rest was w/ Grandma Donna & Todd BUT the little time I did have out there gave me a boost of confidence. I CAN go out there alone. Maybe not quite yet but I'm getting there.

We had a great time swinging on the swings & running around. The kids love the deck we have & played on it quite a bit. They climbed in the flowerbed (thank God nothing is in there that matters) & got to see the neighbor's new doggie, Cooper (labradoodle). We have GOT to get one! Not sure when we will be ready for the responsibility of a dog on top of 3 kids & 2 cats though. There are times I think Todd was having more fun than the kids although I gotta say nothing beats Gabi running outside & saying over & over again for about 5 minute straight, "Ou-si, ou-si, ou-si!" while running all over the yard!

Fun pics of Daddy & the kids.




Ok, seems like we always have intentions of going outside (besides on our daily walks) & we end up wondering why we didn't at the end

1 comment:

Susan said...

I know what you mean! We're really bad about going outside with the kids too.