Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

I hope everyone stuffed their bellies w/ good food today. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, then I hope you had a wonderful day all the same. The reason I say that is since I am from a different country, my family had NO IDEA what Thanksgiving was until they moved here. We have never really celebrated it. We did family stuff but never turkey & stuffing & all the fixins.

This was our 1st REAL Thanksgiving w/ the kids. Yeah, they were around last year & 8 months old but they didn't really sit at the table w/ us or eat w/ us. They just got a taste of turkey & then off to bed.

So, this year we had the shirts made, had family & friends visit throughout the day AND...

Drum roll please...

We went to Grandma & Papap's for dinner! Yeah. You read right. We left the house. Not only did we leave the house BUT we ate dinner. As a family. Somewhere besides our house. Yes, we did.

Gotta admit, I was a bit stressed about the whole thing. Ok, overwhelmed. Yes. Me. Edgy is a nice adjective rather than the other one I was thinking about & since this is a Thanksgiving blog, I will refrain from using profanity.

Now comes the sappy part. Yep, me...being sappy. I want to thank my inlaws for giving us a wonderful opportunity to have a delicious meal (none of which I had to cook) & being able to sit down as a "family". I want to thank God for my 3 beautiful, well behaved children (they were angels today, ok...minus Ian's 30 minute temper tantrum this morning). I am most thankful for my husband, Todd. He is the man of my dreams. My parents, Ian & Jessie, Jeff, & Julie for being part of our lives. I wake up every morning a very happy woman.

Now for some pics!

Hey Dad, I want what you're drinking (uh, no).


Sofi & Papap!


Turkey, turkey, turkey!


Turkey w/ some milk to wash it down.


Playing in a toy. Ok, reading in a toy! Doesn't get better than that when your at Grandma's house!


From our family to yours, thank you for your unconditional support whether it has been through following this blog, saying a prayer in our darkest of moments, leaving a comment or even purchasing something from my growing little business. You are all in our thoughts daily. Thank you!

4 comments:

Renee said...

good for you! looks like fun! :) glad you survived ;)

Tonya said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day!

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Love the shirts!!

Rina said...

what a sweet post!