Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

A visit from our friends!

This happened last week but the triplet playgroup really kind of wore me out so I didn't have a chance to post about this. My best friend's sister-in-law came over for a visit. Andrea brought along Jude (1 yr old) & Cecilia (10 yrs old) for a morning play date. I loved having adult company. They even stayed for a couple of hours so we could really get to chatting.

A little history. Leslie & I have been BFFs since right after 6th grade. We met Andrea in college, before she ever dated Leslie's brother, Terry. As a matter of fact, Andrea & Les were really close friends & I'm not sure how she got introduced to Terry but they became friends & eventually started dating. Then came marriage & a baby carriage!

Somehow, we all managed to get pregnant at the same time. They were trying & we were doing IVF. Turns out that Les & I were due 3 days apart. Her on the 10th of May & us on the 13th. Needless to say, our trio came 6 weeks early but we still got to experience the pregnancy together. Andrea was a few weeks behind us & Jude was born in June.

Here is sweet Jude. He loved the kids' pacis. Monkey see, monkey do!


Cecilia was great w/ the kids. Gabi got particularly attached to her not leaving her side for most of the time they were here.



A rare picture of me & 1 of the kids.


The girls chillaxin' after a long day!


We had a blast & hope they come over sooner than later. It is great to have adult company. Can't wait for the next time!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for having us over Astrid! We had a great time! We will definitely be doing this again very soon. And that pic of you and Ian came out super cute!

Andrea said...

...one more thing...don't know if you saw, but I posted about the playdate too over on my blog: http://youngtoolong.blogspot.com/
=)

Astrid said...

Thank you for taking it! Next time you will have to get a pic of me w/ each of the girls.

Andrea said...

Let me know what colors you're more fond of and I'll get a pincushion to you by our next playdate. I've also seen patterns for a "double" cart cover (sits 2 kids), but wouldn't work as a high chair cover I don't think. I'll bring mine to let you see next time.

Astrid said...

YAY! I'm really open to all colors. What ever is good. Have fun matching materials. That is some of what makes it fun. Can't wait to see it! When would be good for another playdate? We are open, open, open except the 30th.