Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Family Photos

I've always wanted to do this.
Get both sides of the family together & have a big photo shoot.
It finally came to fruition.
As our Christmas gift to both sets of grandparents & tio,
the shoot happened about 2 weeks ago.

Thankfully it was right before the very cold snap we experienced,
but there was still a bit of a chill in the air.
Not enough to make it unbearable.
Just right.

The results are absolutely amazing.
Photos that can be cherished for years to come.
Photos for the kids to have as they get older.
It was a marvelous experience.

Candace has magic.
She captured the essence of each individual.
The editing is superb.
And most importantly, she is AFFORDABLE!

Eye Candy by Candace

I would LOVE to share everything with you but then this would take forever.
I'm going to pick out my absolute favorite shots.

This is of the whole family together.
Don't ask how we were all looking at the camera.
It just happened.
Magic.


My side of the family, with the kids.
I love this photo!


Daddy's side of the family.
I adore this picture b/c I see Gamma & Papap laughing.
This is how they always are around the kids.
They bring them so much joy!


These speak for themselves.
They will get framed & put on the wall.
NO.DOUBT.




These next 2 are special...

This is of 4 generations of women, my side.

And this one is of the 3 generations of men on Todd's side.


This next series, I adore.
My man & each of his beautiful children.
LOVE.



Candace brought the kids Valentine's lollipops & asked to take pics.
Of course I said yes.
And I'm so glad she did!



This final picture brought tears to my eyes.
It's perfect.
Absolutely.the.perfect.family.picture.


XOXO,

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are beautiful Astrid! The personalities really come through in these photos which is what it is all about, but not all photographers can accomplish. You will treasure these for a long time.

Jennifer said...

Those are all so gorgeous - I ESPECIALLY LOVE your new family photo (of the 5 of you)! That's AWESOME!!

Ava and the Trips said...

Those pics are awesome! What a great idea and will be so special to have as the kids get bigger!

Jill said...

Absolutely goregeous!!!

Brittanie said...

I agree, these are so wonderful! I have a special place in my heart for generational pics. I managed to get one of 5 generations of women just after Erin was born and before my great-grandmother died. It's in a frame on my wall. I'm so glad you were able to get something similar.

and that new family pic...just too precious for words! I especially love that Todd is the only one looking at the camera and he's making a crazy face (and that Ian is feeding you!! <3 )

Renee said...

how did I miss this post!? These are fantastic! and i hope that last one is blown up huge in your house!!!