Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

More signing!

I'm so proud! I can't stand it! Seriously, my trio is developing like crazy! It's like growth spurt but developmentally. It is amazing to watch them grow like this. I know I have said it before but I am really rediscovering the world through their eyes!

Let me tell you the story behind getting Gabi on video this time. It was Saturday morning & I hadn't had breakfast yet so I brought a bagel up to the playroom. Well, the kids were very interested in watching me eat, as they always are now days. Gabi was sitting there & then all the sudden she signed "eat" 2 or 3 times! Todd & I freaked out b/c she connected what *I* was doing to the sign meaning she understood that I was eating & told us that. Of course, for positive reinforcement, we busted out the puffs. The video shows how she is also signing for milk as well as eat. The sign for eat is bringing the hand to the mouth. I think she is also signing milk b/c she thinks of eating & milk as the same thing right now. They both fill her little tummy, LOL! Anyway, we were very proud & cheering her on.



I am now hoping the other 2 will catch on & start signing too. I know it is only a matter of time. We are also looking to purchase either some Einstein DVDs or Signing Time DVDs. It is very exciting! That's the news for now!

5 comments:

Tanna's Triplets said...

Awww, too cute. I makes all the hard work of remembering to sign to them worth it!!

MtnGirl said...

I recommend the Signing Time DVD's. I'm an early interventionist and the speech therapist that I work with hands them out all the time. The kids REALLY do learn all sorts of signs. It's cool!

Brandy said...

That is awesome, how well the signing is going. I have been working on it too. Can you believe our babies are fixing to be 1! Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday, we were in the pumping room at the hospital.
talk to you soon
brandy

Little Mrs Sunshine said...

She is brilliant! They are so amazing I can't get over how much signing they do!! I ordered one of the signing time DVDs to see how we like those... I will let you know! My daughter is the big signer of the house lol, she repeats every sign she sees - and makes up some of her own lol (she does the "hot dog dance" from mickey mouse to say "hot dog" haha!) anyway, I'm just floored by the video you posted! AMAZING! I think that is the great thing about baby signing. So many people base what their children understand based on what they can actually say... it definitely helps give a better idea when using sign language. It's such an amazing concept to grasp that they understand SOOOOOOOOO much at this age. keep up the good work!

Astrid said...

Brandy ~ It is CRAZY! Where did the time go? Seriously, it feels like yesterday...

Astrid