Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Visiting Tio & Tia

We finally did it.
We took the kids out of town.
Albeit, a short trip for the morning,
but a trip out of town none the less.

It only took a little bit of planning on our part.
The night before, I packed everything up.
Sunscreen, bug spray, Benadryl, Motrin,
bandaids, snacks, cups for drinking,
a spare change of clothes, books,
crayons, coloring books, &
a few other mommy/daddy essentials.

Once the kids woke up,
we just did our normal morning routine.
Changed in to clothes, breakfast,
bathroom, & then last minute checks started.

I was shooting to get us out of the house by 8:30
and we managed to leave 15 minutes earlier.
IMPRESSIVE.

They were very well behaved.
I couldn't believe it.
It had to be the Dr. Seuss audio books.
No DVD player for us!

The kids had a blast.
Tio & Tia also had a good time.
I can't wait to go again.

The kids were definitely all cozy!


Once we got there, we checked out Tia's garden.
Mommy had garden envy.
I learned a lot from Tia.
Can't wait for the fall to arrive
so I can plant green beans & snap peas!

Tia taught the kids how to take off the snap peas.
Ian & Sofi ate a few right there on the spot!




Then it was time to walk to Sam Houston's museum/park.
It was only 1 block away from Tio's house.
Ian LOVES being on Tio's shoulders.
Course, it helps that Tio is 6'2".


Family photos are getting easier!
The kids set right up for this one.


And they were just as cooperative w/ Tio & Tia!


Tio & Tia have TONS of energy.
They ran around w/ the kids for a good 15 minutes in this field.


There are quite a few more pics,
like over 100.
Some were of me practicing photog skillz.
I'll share those in a separate post.
BUT, I had to share the best of the photos on the trip!


1 comment:

*Melissa* said...

Great photos mama! Sounds like a successful trip :) what little cuties! I looove gardening too, it's so fun for kids too!