Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Our visit to the perinatologist

Well, I was really hoping that she was going to say everything was all good & that some of my restriction would be lifted BUT I guess that isn't the case. Now, the appointment didn't go horribly, it actually went as well as it could. We aren't in the hospital so that speaks volumes, right? I guess this whole thing is just finally getting to me. I thought I could be strong through it all but even the strong need to break down. Needless to say, I'm not in the best of spirits today. Let me get to the details of the appointment.

We get there & the first thing she checks is my cervix & says, "We are headed for trouble here." I know she is overworked but after she saw the file & read through it, she seemed to relax a bit. I think she forgot that my cervix had already begun to funnel the week before. Once she read through it, she said that the cerclage was doing what it is suppose to be doing & that is the important thing. In order to keep the sac of baby A, Sofi, from going through the cerclage is to stay off my feet. Well...I knew that was coming. I'm on bed rest for the duration of this pregnancy...what else is new?

So, as far as the babies go, they are doing perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, Sofi & Ian are measuring ahead by a couple of days & weigh in at 13 & 12 oz. Gabi is right on target & weighing in at 11 oz. They were moving around & their body parts (arms, legs, fingers, feet, etc) are all so defined it is amazing to see!

As far as mommy goes, I actually lost a pound this week. Unfortunately bed rest does not stir up an appetite. I'm going to try to eat a bit more protein as I hear this will help put weight on the babies. My blood pressure is completely normal but that is no surprise. I have never had an issue w/ that before. Besides my heart hurting, I am healthy.

So, now for the feeling side of this all. I guess I have become a true mommy at heart. I am so worried that my body will not hold my babies where they need to be until they are prepared to meet the outside world. I pray to God every day that we will make it through the next 24 hours. I want so badly for it to be the end of January. I will not lie, this is not an easy road. I am scared out of my mind that we will lose our 3 precious babies & that I will not be able to handle it. I never thought I would get over our 1st loss. This one is so much more because I can feel them move & see where they are at in my tummy. I pray that God gives me the strength to get me through every day.

Please keep us all in your prayers! We need all of them that we can get.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Astrid - His eye is on the sparrow and also on the three babes He is weaving in your womb. Please take care.

Heather said...

You don't know me, but I have seen you around JM and wanted to wish you all the best, for you and your three babies.

Marla said...

Praying for you and those three precious babies. Take care and Merry Christmas!

Triple Trouble said...

Hang in there, I went through the same thing, PTL issues and a cerclage at 19 weeks. Funneling cervix soon after, its scary and hard, but you can do it. 4 more weeks to another major milestone, 24 weeks!

Michele
mmm26 from TC

Rina said...

Astrid- I am so glad to see you are blogging! And it looks great too! I am praying for you and these little ones everyday. I wish I lived closer, I would come entertain you...to the point you'd probably kick me out :). Remember I work for the state so if you're bored you can always pm me on JM...surfing the net is what I do most of my day LOL! Love you lots, Norina