Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Latest Schedule

Somehow, I forget to write about things like schedules.
Maybe it's all the cute pics I have to share.
Or maybe it is b/c the schedules aren't so important anymore.

I guess what I mean is that the most important part of the schedule is nap time.
Everything else is flexible, to a certain extent.
It works great for us.
Even when we started having nap issues, I tweaked the schedule a bit & the kids are now back to napping wonderfully.
So I thought I would share our schedule, for other triplet moms out there that are wondering what it will look like in a couple of years b/c God knows, I remember very clearly wondering when I wouldn't live so much by the ticking hands of the clock.

7am - Get out of crib, cuddle downstairs & watch some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
8:15ish - Breakfast
9:00am - Quiet time in cribs (allows me to get some morning chores done & they love their quiet time)
9:30am - Playtime anywhere we choose or run errands
12:30ish - Lunch
1:15ish - Nap time
3:30-4ish - Wake up & playtime anywhere we choose or run errands
6:00ish - Dinner w/ family
6:45ish - Bath time on bath nights
7:00-7:15ish - Get put in cribs & read a story, leave light on for playing or reading
8:15ish - Lights out

We have kept them up later, rarely waking them up before 7:00, & the adjust just fine.
Some days naps are a bit shorter but they stay in their cribs none the less.
There are days we are out & about so the schedule shifts around.
The amazing thing is that it IS possible.

They have gotten to a point of being more flexible.
And w/ triplets, that is something you pray for since their birth.

There is one thing we won't miss.
Naps.
It gets hairy.
Out of control.
And it takes about 2-3 days to get back to "normal".

So for now, we'll pass on outings that will cause us to miss nap time.
And allow this mommy to keep her sanity for a little while longer.


5 comments:

Jill said...

Astrid - can I ask what you had to tweak with your nap times? Mine triplets are 2 and they have been greta nappers until a few weeks ago. They would go down between 12 and 12:30 and sleep for 2.5-3.5 hours. Now they only actually sleep about every 4-5 days. Argghhh! I am thinking about putting them down a little later, but I also don't want to miss that "nap time window" because if I wait too long, they won't nap at all.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Astrid said...

Hi Jill! Yes, What we did is pushed back naps from 12:30 to about 1-1:15. Also, we put them in the crib at 7 but they get to have their lights on until 8:15ish. Doing that has allowed them to be tired enough for naps. Thank God!

Jill said...

Do you wake them at 7am or is that when they wake up themselves? We used to wake ours when they were still napping in the morning as well.

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing Astrid! Ever since the trips started MDO, they do not nap on T & Th....they are "forced" to lay down at school, but they rarely sleep. I still "enforce" nap time (1pish), but I can hear them carrying on like crazy. Sometimes it's just talking, but other times they are clearly not happy. I'm going to keep trying though, for sure!

Astrid said...

Jill, yes. If they are still asleep, I will wake them up at about 7 or a hair after but not much. Other days, they normally wake up right about 7am, on their own.