Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Our latest peri appt...

Ah, thes appts are going to be closer & closer together now days. We went yesterday. As always, there is good & bad news. Go figure!

The good news...I only gained 2 lbs since the last visit 10 days prior to this visit which is good b/c it shows that I am not retaining water. Believe it or not, I have yet to pass the 50 lb mark. Thank God! To date, I have gained a total of 48 lbs. On the other hand, I know that I haven't been eating enough. It is hard now days to really eat a full meal. If I do manage to get most of a meal down, it takes a good 6-8 hrs for me to get hungry again!

My BP was 122/84 which is borderline but it is still w/i normal range. That means my body is holding up well. Also, there are only trace amounts of protein in my urine. WOOT! So I am all good and well. They even let me lay down this time b/c we literally had to wait 1 1/2 hrs to see the peri! I'm sure that helped w/ the BP.

Now for the not so good news which I would like to preface w/ the fact that my peri was in a HUGE RUSH b/c her pager was going off due to a women getting ready to deliver. I can understand that. So, she comes in & says she is going to try to get this done so we don't have to wait for her to come back. She very quickly got all the measurements. Normally, she double measures, sometimes triple measures but she didn't have the chance this time. With all that said, we are not putting a whole lot of stock in to these meausurements. The reason why I say this is b/c our babies didn't grow much, if at all this last time. The stats are...

Sofia ~ 2lbs, 4oz loss in 10 days
Gabi ~ 2lb 4oz, no gain/no loss
Ian ~ 2lb 7oz

We didn't get the chance to talk to the peri about this so I called & left a message w/ the nurse. She called back after talking to the peri about the results & basically told us that sometimes this happens. It isn't a concern until it becomes a "trend". Basically this means that the next appt will tell us what will happen next. If the babies have not shown much growth, then I will most likely get the steroid shots that will help develop their lungs & then deliver them. I will be right around 30 1/2 weeks. If there is growth, then we keep on baking babies.

With all this going on, the nursery very close to being completed. We have only 1 crib left to put together. Todd has cleaned out the closet, painted the trim & is ready to move in the furniture. It is amazing! I can't wait to post pictures of the room after it is all done!

I think that is it for now. The babies are still very active, making their presence known so that is always reassuring. Please keep the prayers coming for us. God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you just tell that Sofia to put her weight back on.
would the dr allow to you to drink some supplement drink.. (can't think of the name right now) maybe you could sip that when you don't feel like drinking.