Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sick Daddy = Busy Mommy

Oh boy! Not good, soooo not good when 1 of us is down & out. Geez, can I just say that the past few days have been really busy. Todd came down w/ some kind of throat illness that put him in bed w/ a low grade temp for a few days. It wasn't easy to really be the 1 handling the kids all the time w/o his help. As a matter of fact, I am still doing most everything w/ them b/c he is scared to touch them. I don't blame him. I do have to say a BIG THANK YOU to my in-laws for helping me out. I'm sure I would have been much more in a bind if they hadn't been here to help.

Now that he is finally feeling a bit better, he is able to help w/ feedings again. I had to take a picture of him last night b/c it was too funny! Of course we are trying to prevent the transmission of disease & since we don't have face masks (something I am going to buy today) or gowns, we got a bit creative.


We used a cloth napkin & the top to his Vovinam suit (Vietnamese martial arts). Pretty funny, don't you think?

As for the babies, they are all doing well. We had a run in w/ a 2nd bout of pink eye. Thankfully I had antibiotic drops left over & am giving it to them now for 7 days. Ian is still getting over this cold thing he had. He has had the cough now for just over a week but it is finally loosening up & he is spitting up flem. EWE!

Developmentally, they are doing fantastic! They are able to hold themselves up quite well & sit in the Bumbo seat w/o much help at all. They still do the "Stevie Wonder" but it isn't nearly as bad. Ian really laughed for the 1st time today & it just made my entire week! I have been waiting for this moment for quite some time. It reminds me of that cute baby on that commercial that giggles every time the paper is ripped. TOO CUTE! All 3 are "talking" quite a bit & have discovered several new syllables. Ian has said "ga" & "ma". I know it isn't in reference to me so I am not throwing it in Todd's face :) b/c chances are his 1st word will be something completely unrelated! Sofi & Gabi are both saying "ga" quite a bit. Gabi has learned to make some high pitched squeels that get our attention.

Along w/ all the talking, they have learned to hold on to things & bring them to their mouths. This has actually been going on for a while but they are starting to enjoy it more & think of it as a fun activity, especially Gabi.


Here are some great pictures of the kids having fun. We are all smiles now days!

Sofi smiles but it is always hard to catch!

This is Ian's flirty smile. He loves practicing on me...it melts my heart every time!

I couldn't believe I caught this big ol' smile from Gabi. She was having a blast in her bouncy chair going after her fist & fingers.

Hopefully there will be many more of these moments in the coming days, weeks, & months. This is what life is all about!

1 comment:

Melody said...

they are so cute!!! I had twins two weeks after you had the triplets and I have no idea how you do it. I am so impressed.
I hope Todd is feeling better soon!
I love the smiles :)